BY USING YOUR URBAN MACHINA ELECTRIC SCOOTER YOU AGREE TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. PLEASE READ THIS LIMITED WARRANTY CAREFULLY. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THE TERMS OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, DO NOT USE YOUR URBAN MACHINA ELECTRIC SCOOTER. RETURN IT UNUSED FOR A REFUND. To benefit from the limited warranty, the customer is advised to read Urban Machina Inc. (“Urban Machina”) Limited Warranty terms together with the “important” and “care and maintenance” sections provided in the user manual. This limited warranty applies to the extent permitted by law and unless restricted or prohibited by law.
Limited Warranty Details
Urban Machina warrants that Urban Machina Inc. Electric Scooters (“Products” or “Product”), distributed by Urban Machina, are free from defects in material and workmanship. Limited Warranty is applicable under the following terms and conditions:
- This Limited Warranty extends to the original purchaser (name listed on the shipping address) of the Product only, during the first twelve (12) months or first 3000 km, which ever comes first, beginning on the date the purchaser received the Product (“Warranty Period”). Original purchase receipt is required to proceed with warranty repairs.
- This Limited Warranty is terminated on the first day of the second year of ownership, when the scooter mileage reaches 3001 km, or when the scooter is resold to another individual. This Limited Warranty is non-transferable.
- This Limited Warranty covers the following component parts (“Components”) of the Product only, during the Warranty Period:
The following components are covered only if defects are reported within the first 30 days or 10 KM of use (whichever comes first):
- Hub motor;
- Battery packs;
- Throttle and battery indicator unit;
- Charger unit;
- Scooter frame;
- Scooter stem;
- LED lights; and
- Electrical wiring and components.
- Brake calipers;
- Brake discs;
- Kickstands; and
4. During the Warranty Period, Urban Machina or its authorized service centres will repair or replace, at Urban Machina’s SOLE DISCRETION, any defective Components with new or factory rebuilt replacement items, and return the Products to the customer in working condition, provided that the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty are met. All defective Products or Components that have been replaced shall become the properties of Urban Machina.
5. Products and/or Components that have been repaired or replaced pursuant to the paragraph above will be covered by this Limited Warranty for the balance of the Warranty Period.
6. This Limited Warranty will only be effective when presented together, to either Urban Machina or its authorized centers, with proof of date and place of purchase of Products such as the purchase receipt.
What this Limited Warranty does not cover:
- Normal wear and tear of any covered component.
- Products used for commercial purpose(s) including but not limited to leasing/hiring, use in competitions etc
- Any logistical costs of returning the Product to Urban Machina or its authorised service centres for servicing or the cost of returning the Product to the customer after servicing.
- Defects or damages resulting from use of the Product(s) other than its normal and customary manner as stated in the user manuals accompanying the Products.
- Battery failures resulting from water damage (including exposure to moisture or dampness), improper charging, power surges, after market chargers, lack of proper winter storage, seals of the battery enclosure or cells being broken or tampered with, and/or the battery was used in equipment other than its intended use;
- Defects or damages from improper storage, exposure to moisture or dampness, modifications, connections, misuse (including but not limited to exceeding manufacturer’s published weight limit), neglect, abuse, accident, alteration, improper installation, or other acts which are not the fault of Urban Machina, including damage caused by dropping, blown fuses, spills of food or liquid.
- Loss of screws or stripped screws due to over forcing.
- Unauthorized service center repairs.
- Product rusting, blemishes, and/or loss of color due to sun exposure and usage.
- Defects or malfunctions of the product not notified by customer during the Warranty Period.
- Any orders that have received a chargeback.
- Products which have had their serial numbers removed or tampered with.
- The customer understands the risk of serious injury or death in the operation of such products and shall agree to take the necessary precautions and exercise good judgement to avoid hazards and dangerous situations which may result in serious injury or death.
- The customer shall agree to indemnify and hold harmless Urban Machina from all injuries or death arising from the operation of the product.
- The use of safety and protective gear such as bicycle helmets is strongly encouraged. And so is the use of Good Judgement.
- The customer is advised to take the following precautions:
- Do not ride on wet ground or in heavy rain;
- Take corners slowly and look out for pedestrians;
- Avoid potholes, curbs and debris on the ground;
- Keep tires pumped to the specified pressure;
- Dismount in places with heavy human traffic and push the scooter manually;
- Service the product every 3 months on regular usage, 6 months for non-frequent usage;
- Do not use product on public roads and respect local road regulations.
How to request service under this Limited Warranty:
To obtain performance of Urban Machina to repair and/or replace the Product or its Components under this Limited Warranty, the customer must, during the Warranty Period:
- Bring proof of purchase and the Product to Urban Machina.
- Submit a service ticket here, along with a photo of video showing the claimed defect.
- The average repair time is 3-7 days, excluding shipping time to and from our service center. This warranty does not cover the shipping costs associated with the transportation of the scooter to and from our service center, and a fee will be charged for return shipping or pick-up and delivery service.