As a pioneer for micromobility in Canada, we are proud of the work that we do, and wouldn’t be successful without our incredible team of dedicated people. If you have an interest in being a part of an innovative group of people in a fun and rewarding environment, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an integral part of the service and support team at UMI, you'll get customers ready for their urban ride. You love taking things apart, and putting them back together, making it better.
You'll be learning about the newest technologies in the e-scooter realm and there's a high chance you will fall in love with them! Training on the job will be provided.
Essential Functions And Responsibilities
● Assemble, maintain and repair e-scooters within UMI's productivity, quality and safety guidelines
● Final inspection and quality assurance of new e-scooters before delivery
● Keep the shop clean and organized
● Troubleshoot technical issues as they arise
● Help out with special projects as assigned by manager
● Assist customers that come in for a test-ride by using your technical knowledge to address their inquiries
● 1 year of experience doing maintenance and repairs in a bike shop
● Able to lift to 50 lbs
● Experience using hand tools and some power tools such as drills
● Mechanical aptitude - You find ways to make it work and do your research, even when it's something you haven't seen before
● Excellent communication skills
● Have a passion for "going electric"
As a UMI Sales Associate, you’ll be on the frontlines helping customers pick out their dream electric scooter. You’ll be conducting test rides with customers and make their riding experience fun and educational. You’ll get to learn about some of the smartest products in the electric scooter industry, make thoughtful recommendations to your customers, and carry-on meaningful relationships with riders in your community.
The pace is fast, the customers are curious, and having an all-for-one, customer-centric team mentality is huge. We value hospitality skills first, and we love people who are eager to learn. If you’re already an electric scooter expert, that’s awesome. If not, we’ll train you. The key is that you know how to treat customers, evaluate their needs, and exceed their expectations.
What You’ll Bring To The Team: