Electric Vehicle Technician APPLY NOW
Urban Machina Inc. (UMI) was founded on the need to improve the urban commute. We strive to make the "One-Car-Less" vision achievable by providing the public with an eco-friendly, fun and alternative way to commute. We are the exclusive distributors in Canada for various brands of foldable electric scooters.
Your Typical Day
As the technician of UMI, you'll get customers ready for their urban ride. You'll take the scooters apart, put them back together, and provide the servicing required in between. In the morning, you will come in and check what scooters are assigned to your job board. Sometimes urgent jobs will show up and you will need to learn how to prioritize.
You'll be learning about the newest technologies in the electric scooter realm and there's a high chance you will fall in love with them! Our technicians are the first ones to test out new models we want to carry. If you guys don't like them, chances are we won't either!
If you find taking machines apart to find out how it works, and putting it back together fun and challenging, then this is the position for you! Training will be provided.
Essential Functions And Responsibilities:
- Assemble, maintain and repair electric scooters within UMI's productivity, quality and safety guidelines
- Final inspection and quality assurance of new e-scooters before delivery
- Inventory tracking and updates when the shop receives a shipment
- Keep the shop clean and organized
- Troubleshoot technical issues as they arise
- Help out with special projects as assigned by manager
- Assist customers that come in for a test-ride by using your technical knowledge to address their inquiries
- 1 year of experience doing maintenance and repairs in a bike shop and/or related equipment repair experience
- Able to lift to 50 lbs
- Experience using hand tools and some power tools such as drills
- Mechanical aptitude - You find ways to make it work and do your research, even when it's something you haven't seen before
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to learn about the newest technology
- Have passion for "going electric"